The Perfect Injectable and Laser Combination
When lines and wrinkles start to creep across your face, or the results of years of acne and sun damage make their presence known, it’s time to take action. The market for skin care products is a billion dollar industry, making promises to reverse damage and signs of aging, but there are times when only a professional can help. At Sadick Dermatology, we offer many options for skin rejuvenation that, when performed alone, can give you superior results. However, some of our treatments can be performed together to take your appearance to another level – restoring the fresh, youthful skin that you are searching for. So what is the best combination of laser and injectable treatments for you? We think it’s the Fraxel Restore Dual Laser, Juvederm and Botox.
THE FRAXEL RESTORE DUAL LASER
- How it works – It’s a laser treatment that has the ability to penetrate deeply into the dermis without burning or destroying the skin’s outer layer. The heat from the laser stimulates your body’s natural collagen production, which will gradually repair damage and improve skin tone and texture.
- What it treats – Sun damage, fine lines, skin texture issues, acne scars.
Treatment – A topical anesthetic is applied to clean skin, and most treatments last about 30 minutes. Depending on the conditions you’re treating, it may take three to six sessions to achieve the results you desire.
- Recovery – There is little to no downtime after your Fraxel treatment, and the only side effects are mild swelling and redness, similar to the feeling of a sunburn. Any flaking or peeling is normal, and it is important to follow Dr. Sadick’s skin care instructions to avoid scarring or damage to your skin.
- Results – Because the results of Fraxel laser treatments depend on your body’s collagen production, it usually takes up to six months to see results after each session. For optimal results, you should stick with your treatment schedule and be patient while your body works its magic.
JUVEDERM FACIAL FILLER
- How it works – Juvederm uses a form of hyaluronic acid (HA), which is a molecule found naturally in the human body. It binds to water, smoothing lines, filling wrinkles, and using its own natural ability to give you youthful-looking skin and plumped up lips and cheeks.
- What it treats – Facial lines, under eye hollows, acne scars, loss of volume in the lips, loss of volume in the backs of the hands.
- Treatment – Injections are quick and virtually painless, as the Juvederm formulation contains a mild anesthetic.
- Recovery – There is no downtime required, and side effects are mild and minimal. They may include minor swelling, bruising or redness at the injection site.
- Results – While you will immediately notice some results, the final effects aren’t typically visible until about two weeks post-treatment.
- How it works – Botox is used to treat active (or dynamic) wrinkles. These are wrinkles that are a result of repetitive facial movements, like smiling, frowning or squinting. Botox contains a neurotoxin that causes temporary paralysis in the muscles responsible for active expressions. This keeps your forehead smooth, and with continued use, can prevent new wrinkles from forming.
- What it treats – Forehead lines, frown lines, crows feet.
- Treatment – Botox is a quick and virtually painless injectable procedure.
- Recovery – There is no downtime after Botox injections, and side effects (if any) are temporary. These may include mild redness or swelling.
- Results – Results of Botox are typically visible within about five days after treatment, but final results may take up to two weeks.
Depending on the extent of your skin damage, combining Fraxel laser treatments, Juvederm and Botox can offer facial rejuvenation results that are superior to those found with only one of these treatments. Because each treatment addresses a different type of issue, combining them can offer a comprehensive treatment that promises to take years off of your appearance.
Combining these three treatments is safe, and they can be performed together in one session, or at least spaced closely together. Most providers choose to perform the laser treatment first, as it is unknown whether the laser energy causes the filler material to break down and affect your results. There is no danger of interaction between Botox and Juvederm ingredients, and overall, your results leave you looking youthful and beautiful.
If you are looking for a safe and non-invasive alternative to a surgical facelift, or simply a way to refresh your appearance while still looking natural, call Sadick Dermatology today at 212-772-7242 to schedule a consultation, and let us help you find the perfect combination of treatments for you.