Frequently Asked Questions
We strive to keep our patients as informed as possible. With that in mind, below are some answers to frequently asked questions that we receive. If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office during normal business hours.
Known as one of the best dermatologists in the world, Dr. Sadick completed his medical school at SUNY Upstate, and his residency in internal medicine at Cornell/North Shore University/Memorial Sloan Kettering Medical Center. He holds five board certifications in internal medicine, dermatology, cosmetic surgery, hair restoration surgery, and is a fellow of the American College of Phlebology. Dr. Sadick’s continued passion and dedication to dermatology has allowed him to transform the future of dermatology. He has authored over 290 journal publications, and written 20 books on topics ranging from hair disorders, facial rejuvenation, lasers, sclerotherapy and cosmetic surgery. Passionate about clinical research, Dr. Sadick participates in clinical trials for fillers/toxins, acne, psoriasis, eczema, cellulite, fat removal, stem cells and lasers. He is known for his world-class cosmetic treatments and ability to customize treatment plans for unique patient needs.
Yes! Our physicians have literally written books on men’s skincare treatments, and we are proud to count many men, of all ages, among our most loyal patients. We understand that the anatomy of men’s skin, as well as their goals, desired outcomes, and lifestyle often differ from those of women. Therefore, the providers at Sadick Dermatology are experts at tailoring treatment to the needs of men.
Overall, we provide a full menu of men’s skin, hair and body services, including those that target anti-aging, acne scars, hair loss, skin rejuvenation, non-invasive fat removal, and anti-wrinkle treatments.
Yes, we do. The great news is that the entire amount of the consultation fee will be applied toward your cosmetic treatment. So if you decide to have treatment, the consultation is effectively free. Please know that this application of your consultation fee is only valid for treatments booked within 90 days of your consultation.
Overall, our cosmetic consultation fee is required as our providers are in high demand and the consultation reserves personal, one-on-one time for you to discuss your concerns and develop a treatment plan customized to your needs.
Our cosmetic consultation fees are as follows:
- Founding Physician (Neil Sadick): $450
- Staff Physician (Georgina Ferzli, Radha Mikkilineni, Zeena Al-Dujaili, John Romano): $350
- Physician Assistant (Liz Choe, Jennifer Schloth): $250
- If you are concerned about bruising, refrain from alcohol for 24 – 48 hours in advance as this may make you more susceptible to bruises.
- If you have a headache or body aches, during the week prior to your treatment, we recommend taking Tylenol but avoid Advil, Motrin, Aleve, or Asprin unless prescribed by a physician.
- Avoid taking Vitamin E, white willow bark, and fish oil supplements.
- We recommend giving yourself at least two weeks before a major event.
- Don’t plan any beach vacations or outdoor activities for at least two weeks after your treatment, where there will be significant sun exposure.
- Stop the use of any retinols, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and / or hydroquinone one week prior to your treatment.
- Discuss with your provider the post-treatment instructions to ensure that you are prepared to optimize your recovery and treatment results.
For your convenience, our practice accepts a number of popular insurance plans. These insurers only cover medical procedures, and do not cover elective or cosmetic procedures.
The following list provides an overview of some of the insurances that our practice accepts. Please note that we do not accept every plan within a certain insurer. In order to confirm that we work with your particular plan, please feel free to call our office or email us at email@example.com.
- Aetna Plans
- Meritian Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare/Mediblue
- Empire Plan/NY SHIP
- United Health Care
- Oxford Freedom Plan
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim Care
*Please note that these plans are subject to change per location and provider.
Sadick Research Group is our in-house, internationally renowned research team with more than 25 years of experience leading multicenter studies as well as small explorative investigator initiated trials. This keeps our team at the cutting edge of revolutionary skincare technology and treatment protocols as we help pioneer some of the latest advancements in the industry. Ultimately, this means our patients often are among the first in the world to receive the most modern treatments and technology available.
Our prices for cosmetic dermatology treatments can vary based on the size and location of the area being addressed, as well as the complexity of the case and/or resources used. It’s also important to note that at Sadick Dermatology you have the peace of mind knowing that your treatment is being performed by a highly skilled, experienced provider, where we focus on exceptional results. Overall, in terms of price, we are certainly not among the cheapest in NYC, however, when you consider the world-class outcomes and services that we offer, our cost is hard to beat.
To receive the most accurate quote for your treatment, each patient should plan to schedule a cosmetic consultation with one of our physicians or physician assistants. During that time the provider will discuss your goals, answer your questions, and develop a treatment plan customized to your needs.
For your convenience, the following list provides some price ranges for some of our most popular cosmetic treatments. Again, this just offers a range, and the final cost is not determined until after your cosmetic consultation.
- Botox: $550 – $1,550
- Fillers: $800 – $1,300
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP): $600 – $1500
- Laser Tattoo Removal: $625 – $1,500
- Fraxel: $1,500 – $1,750
- Ultherapy: $ 2,500 – $5,500
- Microneedling with Radio Frequency: $800 – $1,500
- Laser Hair Removal: $225 – $2,500
- Coolsculpting: $750 – $1,500
The overwhelming majority of our treatments are considered non-invasive and have very little, to no down time associated with them. In most cases you can return to your normal daily routine right away or within a few days. That said, it’s very important to note that recovery time is highly dependent on what treatment you have and that every person’s body can respond differently to any given treatment.
Nonetheless, the following provides you a general idea of what the typical recovery time is for some of our most popular treatments.
- Laser Hair Removal: No down time.
- Coolsculpting: No down time.
- Clear and Brilliant Laser Resurfacing: No down time. A few hours to one day of minor redness, and up to a few days of mild flakiness.
- Botox: Typically none, but we recommend 1 day of limited activity. There is always a risk of mild bruising.
- Fillers: Very little downtime. Always a risk of bruising and mild swelling. Final results are seen within two weeks.
- Laser Tattoo Removal: 5 – 10 days covering the treated tattoo area from sun exposure.
- Fraxel: Approximately 1 Week. Treated areas will likely be red/pink in color for 1 – 3 days, and then experience flaky skin for days 4 – 7. Patients must minimize sun exposure to the treated area for one to two weeks post treatment. Therefore, Fall, Winter, and Spring are the most popular times for these laser treatments.
- Ultherapy: No down time, although some swelling is possible.
- Microneedling with RF (Radio Frequency): Approximately 2 days of pink and/or flaky skin. No make up for 24 hours post procedure.
*Again, please note that these are just general estimates, and that every patient’s experience will be a little different. Patients should discuss their treatment in detail with their provider.
If you need a prescription refilled by one of our providers, please call our office and ask to speak with a member of our clinical team. You can also have your pharmacy call our office directly.
Deposits are required to hold cosmetic appointments and are due at time of booking the appointment. Cosmetic consultation deposits are $100.00 and the rest of the cosmetic consultation cost is due at the time of service.
For any billing questions, please email our billing team at: firstname.lastname@example.org In your email, please include the full patient name, patient date of birth, and a detailed explanation of the bill you are inquiring about.
You can also call our office directly and we will forward your message to our billing manager to call you back as soon as possible.
If you need to modify an existing appointment, please give our office a call. We will be more than happy to assist you in finding another day and time that works better for your schedule. Please note that we do have a 48-hour cancellation and reschedule policy. Appointments that are canceled or rescheduled with less than 48 hours advance notice will be charged the following fee, respectively:
- Medical Appointments: $50.00
- Cosmetic Appointments: $100.00
Please be advised that we do maintain a 48-hour cancellation policy in our office Appointments that are canceled or rescheduled with less than 48 hours advance notice will be charged the following fee, respectively:
- Medical Appointments: $50.00
- Cosmetic Appointments: $100.00
To cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call our office directly.
All patients must bring a valid photo ID, even if you are an existing patient. If you are being seen for a medical appointment we will also need your insurance card.
To enhance your experience and to reduce your wait time, we will email the new patient paperwork to you in advance. Please fill this paperwork out prior to your visit as it helps keep both you and our team on time. If you have any questions, please simply email us at email@example.com
Still have questions? Please feel free to email our team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.