and ask for Susan
Dr. Henry attended medical school at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas and completed her residency in dermatology at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, where she served as Chief Resident. Following residency, she completed a fellowship in cutaneous oncology, Mohs Micrographic, and reconstructive surgery with the Harvard Medical School Department of Dermatology at the Lahey Clinic in Boston, Massachusetts. She specialized in treating high risk skin cancer patients.
She also has extensive experience teaching physicians the proper techniques for injecting cosmetic treatments such as neuromodulators (Botox ® and Dysport®), fillers (Restylane®, Juvederm®, Perlane®, Belotero® and Radiesse®) and laser surgery.
She has published numerous articles and chapters on skin cancer treatment and surgery including publications in Dermatologic Surgery on complex reconstruction techniques after Mohs surgery, new surgical techniques for basal cell carcinoma and innovative uses for photodynamic therapy. She is a committed research scientist, who was recently recognized as a Tromovitch Award finalist by the American College of Mohs Surgery.
Her treatment philosophy is to provide holistic care while utilizing the latest techniques and scientific data. She is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery and American College of Mohs Surgery. Although she is native Texan, she considers New York her home and enjoys exploring the city by bicycle and trying new restaurants.
Publications (for complete list see CV )
1. Henry M., O’Bryan K, Ratner D., Combination Repair of a Complex Central Facial Defect Using Multiple Flaps and Grafts– Dermatol Surg. 2013 Jul;39(7):1106-9. doi: 10.1111/dsu.12173
2. Marmur ES, Nolan KA, Henry M. Intraoperative photodynamic therapy: a description of a new adjuvant technique for patients with nonmelanoma skin cancer. Dermatol Surg. 2012 Jul;38(7 Pt 1):1073-6. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4725.2012.02433.x. Epub 2012 May 18.
3. Nolan K, Henry M, Shohet M, Elahi E, Marmur E. Use of a perimeter technique with mohs micrographic surgery in the resection of a giant Basal cell carcinoma. Cutan Med Surg. 2012 Nov-Dec;16(6):465-8.
4. Henry MF, Maender JL, Shen Y, Tschen JA, Subrt P, Schmidt JD, Hsu S. Fluoroscopy-induced chronic radiation dermatitis: a report of three cases. Dermatol Online J. 2009 Jan 15;15(1):3.
5. Henry M, Metry DW. Generalized lichen nitidus, with perioral and perinasal accentuation, in association with Down syndrome. Pediatr Dermatol. 2009 Jan-Feb;26(1):109-11.
6. Pua J, M.D Campos Silva, G Henry M. Topical Calcitriol: A Review of Its Current Role in the Treatment of Chronic Plaque-type Psoriasis Psoriasis Forum, Vol. 16, No. 1, Spring 2010
7. Marmur E., Henry MF., Mohammad S. High-Dilution Technique with Injectable Poly-L-lactic Acid Cosmet Dermatol. 2010;23:469-473.
8. Spencer JM, Henry M. Actinic Keratosis. eMedicine from WebMD. Updated July 23, 2010. Available at: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1099775-overview.
9. Mercer, S.E., Fernandes, N., Henry, M., Geller, L., Birge, M.B., Dikman, S.H., Phelps, R.G. (2010). Linear IgA bullous disease presenting clinically as toxic epidermal necrolysis following acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis. American Society of Dermatopathology. Atlanta, GA. Journal of Cutaneous Pathology.
10. Jordan, A.C., Henry, M., Sidhu, H.K., Mercer, S.E., Phelps, R.G. (2011). Contact dermatitis – it came from within. American Society of Dermatopathology. Seattle, WA. Journal of Cutaneous Pathology